Here at The Lynne Gately Team we LOVE our fur babies! Below are some fun tips we all use for them (as well as some pictures of our team pups). Try the tips out and let us know what you think.
10 Hacks For Dog Owners!
1. For hot days, make an “Ice Lick” freeze toys, bones & even chicken broth in a Tupperware container or a cake mold & this will keep your dog hydrated, cool & happy!
2. The pavement can get very hot in the middle of summer- to test to see if your dog’s paws will be safe for a walk, hold the back of your hand on the pavement for 5 seconds, if you can’t hold it there then it probably isn’t safe for your dog.
3. If you have a high energy dog, get them a vest to wear during walks and have them carry water for you. This will challenge the dog mentally & physically (which they like!)
4. If your dog gets easily stressed, drop a few drops of Lavender essential oil on a bandana and tie it around your dog’s neck. This should relax you and your dog.
5. Dogs get bored with playing with the same toys over and over again, rotate your dog’s toys in and out for them to feel like they are getting a new toy every day!
6. If your dog pulls while you walk them on a leash, get a front clip harness to train them to stop pulling.
7. Draw with chalk around outdoor pet bowls to keep the ants away.
8. Freshen your dog’s breath by sprinkling fresh parsley on top of their food.
9. Some dogs love eating ICE alone, try to see if your dog is an ice loving pup, if they are then you just found the cheapest treat on the market that you can make from home.
10. If your dog enjoys water, buy a kiddie pool for your pet so they can splash around on warm days!