Who doesn’t want to wake up to some yummy breakfast on Valentine’s day?! Below is a delicious breakfast recipe to surprise a special someone with! Let us know how it turns out 🙂
RED VELVET WAFFLES WITH STRAWBERRIES & CREAM CHEESE DRIZZLE
- 1 box red velvet cake mic, plus the ingredients listed on the box
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup warm milk
- 2 1/2 cups strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Prepare the cake mix according to the box directions.
- Spray the waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray, then pour some of the batter on the hot waffle iron, being careful to not overfill the iron. Cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Top each waffle with strawberries and chocolate chips.
- Drizzle with cream cheese mixture.
Cream Cheese Drizzle
- Mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and salt.
- Whisk in the milk.