- 1/2 tbsp Avocado, Coconut or Olive Oil
- 1/2 lbs of boneless, skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Coriander
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Red Pepper Flakes (you can add more if you like more heat or you can leave it out if you don't like spice)
- 1 - 14.5 oz can of Diced Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 - 16 oz can of White/Cannellini Beans
- 1 - 4 oz can of Green Chilis
- 1 1/2 cup of Chicken Broth
- 1 - 13.5 oz can of Light Coconut Milk
Toppings: Lime Juice, Tortilla Chips, Cilantro, Red Onion, Cheddar Cheese
Stove Top Method:
- Heat a large pot over a medium high heat. While the pot is heating up, season the chicken thighs with 1 tsp of salt.
- When the pot is hot enough, add the oil and then add the chicken thighs. Sear the chicken thighs on both sides until they have the golden brown look.
- Once the chicken thighs are golden brown, add in all of the remaining ingredients and stir to combine DO NOT ADD the coconut milk.
- Simmer on a low medium heat for 30 to 45 minutes or until the chicken thighs are tender and easy to shred.
- Once the chicken thighs are tender, use 2 forks to shred the chicken in the pot. Then add the coconut milk and stir to combine. Add a little more salt if needed.
- Let it simmer for 5 more minutes. Serve the Chili with your favorite toppings.
Slow Cooker Method:
- Place all of the ingredients, EXCEPT the coconut milk, in the slow cooker insert and cook on low until the chicken is tender and ready to shred. Roughly 4-6 hours on low or 2-4 hours on high.
- Then, shred the chicken in the cooker and then add in the coconut milk. Cook the chili for another 15-20 minutes in the slow cooker and then serve with your favorite toppings.